Monday, July 11, 2011

Antichrist (2009)




Genre: Thriller

Average Netflix Rating: 2.8 Stars

Synopsis: After their child dies, a therapist (Willem Dafoe) and his wife (Charlotte Gainsbourg) flee to their cabin in the woods, where they hope to mend their emotional wounds. But the grief-stricken couple watches their troubles multiply when very strange things begin to happen. Acclaimed Danish auteur Lars von Trier divides this tale into multiple narratives, revealing a surreal, horrific psychological adventure about the evils of nature, humanity and desire.

This is going to be short and easy. I NEVER want to watch 1 minute of this movie again. The opening scene sets up this crazy edgy beatiful movie. The opening act is pure geniius, from the music, to the black and white, to the emotional sucker punch it throws at you as you watch the death of this child - then act 2 starts... It's almost too boring to watch... I wanted to be invested in these people but I was annoyed at what a different direction the movie was taking, but I hung in there - and then act 3 started. Just thinking of what was put on film makes me want to perform a lobotomy on myself to forget - There were 2 scenes in the finale that were so visually scaring to me, just writing this is making me quiver. I can't even bring myself to type what they were. I can't even tell you how the movie really ended Bc I was so scarred by what I saw I mentally checked out. This is a horrible, disgusting, vile, unflinching, did I say vile? Piece of filth...

Where should you put it in you Q? At the top, so we can get all the copies from Netflix and BURN them...

LINK: http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Antichrist/70117549

No comments:

Post a Comment