Sunday, August 14, 2011

Camp Hell (2009)



Genre: Horror

Average Netflix Rating: 2.5 Stars

Synopsis: Each summer at Camp Hope, a priest (Bruce Davison) leads the campers in religious training. But this year, the normally safe retreat turns horrifying when the priest accidentally brings something evil with him into the deep woods. Now, the teenagers attending must battle the devil in a fight for both their souls and their lives. Jesse Eisenberg, Dana Delany, Spencer Treat Clark and Andrew McCarthy star in this psychological thriller.

There are 3 kinds of movies that truly scare me to the bone, aliens, weather, and religious fanatics. I have always been bothered by the stories of people doing insane things in the name of their god or what ever they believe in. It's always extra creepy Bc these people believe deep inside that the things they are doing, they are doing for the right reasons. So when I heard about this movie I was amped to be chilled watching these adults manipulate and destroy the minds of a bunch of impressionable kids at a religious summer camp. Then throw in Jesse Eisenberg and I'm all in with my chips... and I would have gone home broke. Jesse is in the movie for about 6 minutes, certainly not enough to get top billing. Don't even get me started with the actual movie - it's terrible. Horrible. Boring. Miserable. Stupid. Awful. I wanted to like this movie, there were moments that creeped in every so often that made me think this movie was going to get better (demons awaking Bc of premarital sex at camp!!!! Eck!!), then it was 3 steps backwards again. Is there really a demon? Is this a cult? What happened all those years ago? All really great questions that NEVER GET ANSWERED... Stay away...

Where should I put it in my Q? Dont bother... Even if it's on cable, I'd tell you to change the channel...

LINK: http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Camp-Hell/70127019

No comments:

Post a Comment