Tuesday, June 28, 2011

All Good Things (2010)




Genre: Thriller

Average Netflix Rating: 3.2 Stars

Synopsis: After restless real-estate scion David Marks (Ryan Gosling) weds middle-class beauty Katie McCarthy (Kirsten Dunst) against the wishes of his disapproving father (Frank Langella), suspicions of murder fall on the unmoored heir when his wife mysteriously vanishes. Though he's not indicted in her disappearance, people with ties to the case begin turning up dead when it's reopened two decades later -- and the unhinged David is the prime suspect.

It's movies like this that made me want to do this blog. Where does a movie with this cast and such a great story go that no one knows it's out there? Every single person in this movie delivers. The plot moves along quickly going from a sweet romance, to a story about the dark side of the New York real estate underbelly, to ultimatly the story of murder. Twists and turns abound and there were moments that I was shocked silent to others where I actually said outloud, alone, what the F#%K?? Any one who knows me knows I have an an unwavering hate for Kirsten Dunst but I enjoyed this movie so much I didn't even notice my hatred creeping in. The last 40 minutes creeps up on you and never let's go until the end. Every so often a movie comes in my mailbox and I have no idea why I added it to my Q, and this was one of those movies... But I'm sure glad it did!

Where should you put it in your Netflix Q? Movie it right to the top...

LINK:http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/All-Good-Things/70116678

No comments:

Post a Comment